Your eternal position in God is settled based on your salvation. Do not overlook the necessity of being an overcomer.
3 Areas of Battle to Being an Overcomer
- The Devil
- The World
- The Flesh
The flesh is the toughest battle to win. Romans 8:5-15
The flesh unchecked will lead to death. Guard against the flesh by continually adding to Spirit.
3 Ways to Add to the Spirit
- Deny the flesh. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 Your flesh is your enemy.
- Sanctify our lives. – to sanctify is to set apart for service.
- Praise and Prayer – God inhabits the praises of his people.
Genesis 12:1-4 and Genesis 11:31
Unwilling to return to God
Comfortable staying sick
Kept Looking Backwards
Never say “Things will never change.”
With faith in God anything can change.
Put your strength in helping others.
Lifting others up brings strength to you.
Re-identify yourself as a person of faith.
Believe Him for things that are impossible.
How do you break free from the stuck place?
Abraham got free:
- Because there was a death.
- There was a separation. Genesis 13:5, Haggai 2:3-5
There will be times that you are going to need courage.
- You must break free of the fear of starting. Break free –> Clean House.
Failure to launch syndrome
Launch into the Future
We don’t want to raise the next generation to be anti-God. Challenges you will face failing to move out and move on with Christ.
Most of us have our identity built upon the foundation of the flesh. Genesis 12:1
If you are here God still has a purpose for your life.
If you are going to accomplish anything in the future you are going to have to do so in the identity of your faith.
Your status is brought to you based upon your family name – fleshly name.
Establish a new identity – develop a faith-based identity.
- If you’re going to move out you have to get out of the dream world or the fantasy world.
- You’ve got to come out of your old self. Nothing truly changes in life until you change. If you will change yourself everything will change. Work at our personal & spiritual development.
Here’s how you do:
- Start with the knowledge and establishing your agreement with God.
- Understand the power of vision.
- Work on your attitude about your past. Your past produced the thoughts of punishment.
- Move toward your future. You will go into the future in one of two ways. – apprehension or anticipation.
- Set values ono what you have become and not what you acquire.
- Make sure to find those around you who value your value.
Continued from this morning.
Those six things must be a part of your new start.
There is nothing else to do but to pave a new way.
2 Main things to Do to Yourself
- Redefine Yourself. We get stuck in what we were and refuse to become what we could be.
- Reboot Yourself. We need a time of healing in our lives.
- A purpose that’s compelling. Challenging you.
- A purpose that has a reason to follow through.
- A purpose that you revive in your life daily.
2 Things to do
- A fire in you.
- The difference between the push and pull. The purpose will pull you through.
What to let go of and what to hold on to.
- Receive power through knowledge – study the Word of God.
- The anointing of God – The Holy Spirit.
- By your company – those around you will either empower you or drain you.
What possesses me and what do I possess?
Make a survey of your principles in life. Set new principles for yourself.