You can’t shut off the spirit of God from speaking.
Sin is a deadly virus.
It breaks out in a different manner for different people.
All sin leads to death.
Sin never just affects the person who has sinned, it also affects those that get close to them.
Everything that is happening in our nation right now is a result of sin.
Alot of people want God but that want him on their terms.
God is a relationship God.
The tabernacle God told Moses to build was a replica of the one in Heaven and God told him, “I will meet you there.”
God changed tabernacles but the pattern never changed.
The 1st aspect of approaching the presence of God. There is only one door into the presence of God. Jesus is that door.
There is a process to His presence that we need to be clean. Jesus is the sanctification. Jesus is the sacrifice.
Religion says I’ll make my own way to God.
How do we come into His presence?
God is a spirit we must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- The 1st requirement of entering into the presence of God is the right attitude. The attitude that God is looking for is a joyful heart. Singing changes your attitude.
- Enter in with a thankful heart.
An attitude that produces gratitude.
- Gratitude that pours out in thanksgiving.
We bring with us a sacrifice of praise. Only children of God can praise God.
In fasting, you can measure your success.
Jesus fasted for an alignment of the spirit.
24 hr fasts
3 day fast
How does fasting cleanse the body?
The body has to be rid of toxins and waste. Fasting does not hurt you. A time frame of change. Hour by hour things change in your body as you fast.
Your stomach brain was designed by God to figure out how to heal you. But we eat all the time all of the energy of the stomach goes towards digestion.
If you fast for 12 hours your body begins to produce growth hormones.
13-15 hours of fasting the stomach begins to get stored energy.
17 hrs each cell of your body begins to clean house – detoxing.
At 24 hrs 3 major organs are affected. It starts to reset itself.
- The intestines are regenerated.
- Our brain BDNF protein is released like a fertilizer for the brain, reconnecting disconnected brain cells. Depression and anxiety start to lose its holt in a fast. BDNF is also connected to serotonin and our body begins to produce it.
- Nerves – inflammation begins to drop rapidly.
Fasting is not punishing your body. The flesh dominates the stomach. When we fast we bring our flesh under subjection. Fasting produces miracles in itself.
2 Chronicles 12:14, 30:18-19
Fasting is resetting your heart. Positioning your heart is one of the primary purposes of the fast. Fasting is a way of destroying pride.
5 Things that Reset the Heart
- Worship opens the heart to the things of God.
- The Word of God directs me.
- Godly counsel or ministry confirms and encourages you.
- Prayer powers and provides for us.
- Fasting repositions us and resets our hearts.
If you are losing the war with your flesh you will never be able to conquer the things of the kingdom of God.
Resetting the heart:
– creates motivation
– changes our desires