1 Corinthians 9: 24
“Who is going to go?”
Am I saved?
What is my attitude toward sin?
Jesus did not come to save us in our sins, but to save us from our sins.
Jesus came to fulfill the law.
We can’t overcome sin.
We can overcome the devil, the flesh, and the world.
You in your own ability cannot live a righteous life or be an overcomer. Jesus has to do for don’t have the ability to live for God in your own strength.
He sends the Holy Spirit to empower us to do things we cannot do.
If you don’t have a brokeness over your sinfulness then you aren’t born again.
How do we qualify for the rapture?
- He’s coming for those that are watching for Him. – Mark 13
- Be in prayer. Luke 21:36
- Be worthy. 2 Corinthians 7:1
- Cleanse ourselves. Revelation 12:11
- Be an overcomer. Revelation 2-3
- Overcomers understand that it is through the blood of the lamb.
- You have a testimony. You are willing to die because your life is in Christ anyway.
7 Blessings of the Overcomer
- We will eat of the tree of life. Revelation 2:11
- You’ll not be hurt by the 2nd death. Revelation 2:17
- You’ll receive hidden manna. Revelation 2:26
- You’ll serve in a position of authority in eternity. Revelation 3:5
- Your name will be written in the book of life. Revelation 3:12
- God’s name will be written on you. Revelation 3:21
- You will sit with Christ on His throne. – 1 Thess. 5:16-22, 23
You’re given 7 Things to Do:
- Rejoice always.
- Pray without ceasing.
- In everything, “give thanks”.
- Don’t quench the Spirit. OBEY!
- Don’t despise prophecies.
- Hold on to what is good.
- Reject everything kind of evil.
Your eternal position in God is settled based on your salvation. Do not overlook the necessity of being an overcomer.
3 Areas of Battle to Being an Overcomer
- The Devil
- The World
- The Flesh
The flesh is the toughest battle to win. Romans 8:5-15
The flesh unchecked will lead to death. Guard against the flesh by continually adding to Spirit.
3 Ways to Add to the Spirit
- Deny the flesh. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 Your flesh is your enemy.
- Sanctify our lives. – to sanctify is to set apart for service.
- Praise and Prayer – God inhabits the praises of his people.
Failure to launch syndrome
Launch into the Future
We don’t want to raise the next generation to be anti-God. Challenges you will face failing to move out and move on with Christ.
Most of us have our identity built upon the foundation of the flesh. Genesis 12:1
If you are here God still has a purpose for your life.
If you are going to accomplish anything in the future you are going to have to do so in the identity of your faith.
Your status is brought to you based upon your family name – fleshly name.
Establish a new identity – develop a faith-based identity.
- If you’re going to move out you have to get out of the dream world or the fantasy world.
- You’ve got to come out of your old self. Nothing truly changes in life until you change. If you will change yourself everything will change. Work at our personal & spiritual development.
Here’s how you do:
- Start with the knowledge and establishing your agreement with God.
- Understand the power of vision.
- Work on your attitude about your past. Your past produced the thoughts of punishment.
- Move toward your future. You will go into the future in one of two ways. – apprehension or anticipation.
- Set values ono what you have become and not what you acquire.
- Make sure to find those around you who value your value.
Moses came to the end at 3 times in his life. Each in 40-year intervals. Abraham lived one-hundred and seventy-five years. God had promised him a son and to be the father of a great nation. He had 8 sons after age 90. Each of us will come to the end of a road.
What do you do at the end of the road?
1. Find a purpose. You cannot just drift through life. Your purpose will be one of two things.
- It will be all about you. Anything turned inward toward you will produce death.
- Or you will work for the good of others
2. Priority. What’s really important and what’s not?
3. Power. I’ve got to have strength.
5. Possession. What is important that I own?