- Jesus did not mark her as an adulterer but he talked about what she did.
- He forgave her.
- He sent her away with a warning, “Go and sin no more!”
Why is this such a tremendous sin?
There are sins that Scripture tells us are an abomination. You can find these in the following Scripture:
Leviticus 1, 20
1 Corinthians 6
1 Timothy 1
All sin has the same wages – death.
Abomination is found 76 times in 69 verses.
Divided into 2 sections – prior to the cross – under the law. After the cross – under grace.
Websters 1828 Edition defines “abomination” – extreme hatred, something that is detestable.
- His hatred is based upon what it does to his children and to creation.
- He hates it because of what that sin does to the person He created.
- The sins have destructive qualities toward hurting others.
- Idol Worship
- Human Sacrifice (abortion)
- Gender Mixture – Deuteronomy 22:5
- Homosexuality – LGBTQIA & Incest – Leviticus 18:22
- Desolation – Matthew 24:14-15
Hell is an endless duration of wrath. Wrath of abomination.
Romans 1:24,26, 28
God gives them a false peace.
3 Stages of the Judgment of God
- Sexual deviance – pornography
- Homosexual revolution
- Depravity – Hatred of God & Debauchery
The judgment of God is at the door.
God’s wrath is about to be poured out.