Words are powerful.
Words are the strongest thing we have.
Ezekiel 37:1-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Dry Bones Live
37 The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley, and indeed they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
So I answered, “O Lord God, You know.”
4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the [a]breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” ’ ” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and [b]breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
God’s Word is powerful.
God can bring life by His words.
God has given us the authority to stop the words of the enemy.
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.”
Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV)
Satan is the father of lies.
You can be damaged by words:
Gossip & Slander
- It doesn’t have to be a lie in order for it to be harmful.
- It can be birthed on the wings of revenge.
- It doesn’t have to be heard in order to be effective.
The way you put to stop the words spoken against you is with praise and worship to God. The Word of God is a shield.
Criticism & Complaining
It is anti-Christian and is not effective.
To-Do Each Morning
- Wake up & Speak God’s Word. Make a Confession:
- I will live as a child of God today and the evil one will not touch me. (1 John 5:18, Ephesians 2:19, John 1:12)
- I am not condemned by my sins today but have been set free by God’s grace. (Romans 8)
- I have plenty of grace to give people today because of the Grace God has given me. (1 John 2:11, Ephesians 4:32)
- I’m going to make a difference today because God has prepared in advance the word he has for me. (Ephesians 2:10)
- Today, I am not afraid or weak, I do not have a spirit of fear; but of power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Today, I am not discouraged or defeated. The joy of the Lord is my strength and will I will give thanks in all circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
2. Do a word inventory before going to bed.